How to find cobalt ore？
The vast majority of cobalt ore is an associated component of copper, nickel, iron, gold, and other deposits, and only a few of them form independent industrial deposits. Independent cobalt deposits are generally divided into three types: cobalt arsenide deposits, cobalt sulfide deposits, and cobalt earth deposits (Jiaodingshan, Penglai) deposits. Most of the cobalt deposits are symbiotic or associated cobalt deposits.
Co-associated cobalt is mostly found in skarn-type iron ore, vanadium-titanium magnetite, hydrothermal polymetallic ore, various types of copper ore, sedimentary cobalt manganese ore, copper-nickel sulfide ore, nickel silicate ore, and other deposits. Although its grade is low, the scale is often larger, it is the main source of extraction of diamonds.
Co-associated cobalt deposits are generally divided into:
1. Magma type, copper-nickel sulfide type (such as Jinchuan), vanadium-titanium magnetite type (such as Panzhihua)
2. Hydrothermal type, skarn type (such as Tonglushan), porphyry copper deposit (such as Yulong, Tongkuangyu), vein-like polymetallic deposit (such as Kalangu lead-zinc mine, Lala iron-copper mine);
3. Sedimentary type or sedimentary metamorphic type (such as Zambia, Five Elements Construction, Dahenglu Copper Mine);
4. Laterite-type cobalt-nickel silicate ore (Yuanjiang-Mojiang cobalt-nickel ore).
Cobalt ore prospecting sign
1. The ultra-basic rock mass containing copper-nickel and vanadium-titanium magnetite and its oxidation zone often contain cobalt-rich integrated ore.
2. Fractured fracture zone in black rock series.
3. Manganese-bearing soil can form a cobalt-earth deposit. The ore is black or blue-black, with a colloidal structure, nodules, or concentric structure, composed of cobalt, nickel, copper-containing metamanganese ore, lithium manganese ore, and potassium holmanganese ore It is composed of limonite and is in the shape of flakes, grapes, balls or corals.
4. Iron, copper, gold ores, and individual lead-zinc ores may constitute associated cobalt.
5. Weathering crust of old metamorphic rocks.
If you have any questions about the above content or want to know more info, please contact the online service or submit your message.Whatsapp:+8613319277356 Email:[email protected]