What is Gold Heap Leaching Plant?
- The main ore type used in the heap leaching process is a gold mine, which can be used for both raw ore and tailings of a gold mine.It requires the use of sodium cyanide or environmentally friendly gold extraction agents, just like the cyanidation carbon leaching process.
From a technical perspective, the recovery rate of the heap leaching process is lower than that of cyanidation carbon leaching and pit leaching. The requirements for ore particle size in this process are relatively broad, as long as the particle size is less than 50mm.
- The following are the technical requirements for the heap leaching process:
- From an economic perspective, the heap leaching process, like the pit leaching process, does not require too many equipment, which can save a lot of equipment costs.
- However, the cycle of heap leaching is generally relatively long and consumes more manpower and resources than heap leaching. However, when the ore particle size is relatively large and the cost is limited, heap leaching is still a very good choice.
- At present, the application of heap leaching technology in foreign gold mining areas is also very common, and the difficulties in operation mainly lie in leaching technology, reagent use, and active carbon-loading gold smelting. As long as the above three points are not problematic, mine owners can basically obtain good results.
The heap leaching process composes of concrete of the site, pre-processing of the ore (crush or produce ), concrete heap, spray leaching, disinfecting and discharge of the recovery of gold from pregnant solution.
Raw ore treatment:
After crushing to a certain particle size (30-50mm) by jaw crusher and cone crusher, it will be directly dumped; Or carry out granulation treatment (agglomerate the finer particles into coarse powder particles), and then transport the ore to the ore pile by forklift for stacking.
Heap leaching system:
The heap leaching system shall be set on the laid ore heap. After the cyanide solution reacts with the ore heap, the gold-containing solution (precious liquid) seeps from the bottom of the ore heap and flows into the precious liquid pool. It is pumped into the adsorption column by the precious liquid pump. The solution adsorbed by activated carbon is lean liquid, which is returned to the spray system for reuse.
Gold extraction from precious liquid:
High efficiency and low consumption quick desorption electrolysis system or zinc powder replacement device is used to extract gold from your liquid, and the product is obtained after smelting.
The gold ore heap leaching process is often used to develop gold ore with small ore body or low grade, or both, but cannot be developed and utilized by conventional methods.