Markets, resources and processes for lithium in Spodumene
lithium spodumene crystals are usually columnar, granular, or plate-like and belong to the monoclinic system. Colors include gray-white, gray-green, purple or yellow, hardness is 6.5-7, and density is 3.03-3.22g/cm3. In the lithium chemical, glass, and ceramic industries, it is widely used as a raw material for lithium chemical products.
Adding lithium spodumene to the ceramic body is not only a flux but also an important component to ensure the formation of low thermal expansion crystals.
- Kiln furniture, induction heating parts, high-temperature fixtures, resistance wire coils, high-voltage power transmission insulators, household refractory tableware, thermocouple protective sleeves, etc. It is used in impellers, blades, jets, etc., because of its extremely low or zero thermal expansion coefficient. Parts for engines, nozzle linings, internal machine parts, and high-precision electronic components require very precise dimensions. As a result of its high-temperature chemical stability, it is used in metal casting barrels, combustion boats, and combustion tubes for solid-face chambers, as well as sour oranges.
- Electrical ceramics are made from feldspar raw materials, and the ratio of alkali metal oxides is very important, as they influence their dielectric properties. Electroceramics have dielectric properties, mechanical strength, and thermal stability. Indicators of performance depend on raw material composition, performance, and grade. Spodumene concentrate is the most interesting lithium-containing raw material for electric porcelain production. Using spodumene instead of feldspar to produce insulators improves mechanical strength and dielectric strength, reduces thermal expansion coefficient, improves thermal stability, and reduces firing temperature.
- Using the traditional casserole process, a certain amount of amblygonite is added to the material, and the spodumene’s characteristics of stability and heat resistance are used to compensate for the shortcomings of the traditional casserole, such as the tendency to crack when dry-burning. This type of casserole is called a new generation of ceramic casserole. The casserole is heated to 600 ℃ and put into 20 ℃ water without cracking. The spodumene heat-resistant casserole can be grilled directly in the microwave oven, or refrigerated in the refrigerator, fried, fried, stewed, and boiled under various heat sources. At the same time, spodumene is a crystalline weak alkaline ore, which is rich in a variety of minerals. It can be decomposed by heating. The weak alkaline minerals can be decomposed by heating. Cooking food in a ceramic casserole with spodumene can supplement the body’s energy. There is a need for trace elements, and spodumene is used in the glass and enamel industries to provide these elements.
- Glass and enamel glaze formulations containing spodumene can yield two low-expansion crystals – spodumene and Kay quartz – and both crystals can be uniformly crystallized at the same time without introducing crystal nuclei. Strength and thermal shock resistance. Since spodumene is the most important source of lithium industrial minerals, it is also generally used to prepare chemical raw materials. For example, lithium hydroxide is produced by a process including calcination, hot water leaching, and evaporation-crystallization; some first calcine spodumene ore and then react with sulfuric acid to generate lithium sulfate or convert it into carbonic acid with soda Lithium. Simple lithium compounds can be electrolyzed to produce lithium metal
- Lithium chloride and bromide solutions have low vapor pressures and are therefore used in absorption refrigeration systems.
- Lithium oxide is also used as a flux in welding and riveting in addition to ceramics and glass.
- During the polymerization of butadiene and styrene, the lithium organic compound butyllithium is used as a catalyst.
- Lithium chemicals are also used in environmental sanitation for purification, bleaching, and vitamin synthesis.
Learn more about amblygonite/spodumene the lithium market resources and processes.Whatsapp:+8613319277356， Email:[email protected]