Tantalum-niobium ore is the general name of the earth minerals containing Ta&Nb. There are more than 100 species. The ore that can be mined is mainly tantalite, niobium iron ore and pyrochlore. Tantalum (Ta) and niobium (Nb) are rare metals with high melting point (tantalum 2996 ℃, niobium 2468 ℃) and high boiling point (tantalum 5427 ℃, niobium 5127 ℃). They look like steel, gray luster, dark gray powder, and have the characteristics of gettering, corrosion resistance, superconductivity, unipolar conductivity and high strength at high temperature. It is used for preparing tantalum oxide and niobium oxide and refining tantalum and niobium. The grade analysis can be carried out quickly by a special columbium tantalum ore wave acoustic ore analyzer.
Niobium and tantalum are called “Fire King Kong” and “Anti-corrosion Champion” respectively, and are a pair of “twin brothers”
The main types of columbium tantalum deposits are:
1. Granite pegmatite type is produced in pegmatite with coarse particles. The main associated minerals include beryl and spodumene, gangue minerals include quartz, feldspar, and garnet, and ore minerals include manganese-tantalite, tantalite, and fine spar.
2. Granite type can be subdivided into limonite type (such as Guposhan), columbite type (such as Taimei, Hengfeng), niobite-tantalite type (such as Taimei 521), tantalite- Tantalum-niobium-manganese ore type (such as Laohutou, Shuiximiao), niobium-tantalum-manganese ore-fine spar type (such as 414, Dajishan). Associated minerals can include monazite, zircon, ilmenite, cassiterite, wolframite, lepidolite, beryl and xenotime. Gangue minerals are quartz and feldspar.
3. The high-temperature metasomatic type of sedimentary metamorphism is represented by Bayan Obo. The ore minerals include columbite, niobite rutile, and calcite, and the associated minerals include magnetite, false hematite, limonite, monazite, and basternite. Ore, gangue minerals include aluminite, fluorite, mica, quartz, and feldspar.
4. The carbonate pyrochlore type is represented by Brazil’s Arabia, the ore mineral is pyrochlore, the associated minerals are uranium and thorium minerals and rare earth minerals, and the gangue minerals are calcite and mica.
5. Residual slope alluvial type such as Guangdong Taishan residual slope, alluvial columbium tantalum deposit, Zengcheng Paitan river alluvial niobium iron ore deposit.
1. Alkaline-granitoid magma activity area and complex rock area. It is generally related to the superacid intrusive small intrusive rocks and dykes that are rich in alkali and volatile in the late stage of magmatic evolution.
2. In the mixed granite or granite base area, niobium-tantalum ore is often produced in pegmatite.
3. Lithium, beryllium, tungsten, tin, and rare earth mining areas can be used as prospecting targets for niobium-tantalum deposits.
4. You can look for niobium and tantalum placer deposits on the coast, lakeshore, and river in the granite rock area.
5. Most niobium-tantalum minerals contain iron and can co-exist with magnetite, so the magnetic method can quickly delineate the range of mineralization.
6. Niobium-tantalum minerals often contain uranium and thorium radioactive elements, so aerial radioactivity measurement and ground radioactivity measurement are effective methods to find niobium-tantalum ore.
7. Lepidolization, spodumene, and alliteration are the signs of prospecting for niobium and tantalum deposits.
If you have any questions about the above content or want to know more info, please contact the online service or submit your message.Whatsapp:+8613319277356 Email:[email protected]