How to finding copper ore?
The main types of copper deposits are: porphyry copper ore, copper-nickel sulfide copper ore, massive sulfide copper ore, layered copper ore (volcanic copper ore, sand, shale, conglomerate copper ore, Carbonate type copper deposits), skarn type copper deposits and hydrothermal vein type copper deposits.so Is there any sign that can be followed to finding copper ore?
Finding copper ore prospecting sign
1. Copper oxide minerals. Because primary copper minerals, altered rocks with high copper content, and ancient copper slag are easy to oxidize, they form particularly eye-catching emerald green malachite (commonly known as patina), sky blue azurite (commonly known as azurite), and red copper Ore, soot-like chalcocite, bright blue bornite, etc., they are good signs of copper prospecting.
2. Characteristic plants. For example, the toothbrush grass in the middle and lower reaches of the Yangtze River and the purple flower with purplish red stems in Yunnan are good plants for copper prospecting.
3. Alteration combination. For example, qingpanization-yellow iron sericification-silification-potashization-silicification, fading in red beds (volcanic red beds or sand shale red beds) are all good signs for finding copper.
4. Volcanic institutions, Xibi-horny porphyry volcanic tuff, eruptive sedimentary rocks (ferromanganese siliceous rock, iron jasperite, stratiform siliceous rock), light-colored sand (conglomerate) rock in the red bed, sika Rocks, ultrabasic rocks, mid-to-intermediate acid porphyries, stromatolite siliceous and delicate dolomites, and charcoal-bearing volcanic tuff layers are the best targets for finding copper.
5. For porphyry copper ore, it is generally a large-tonnage and low-grade ore deposit, and it has always been the main target for people to look for. It is particularly worth mentioning that the search for porphyry copper deposits firstly depends on whether they have the conditions for open mining, secondly, whether they have secondary enrichment zones, and thirdly, whether they are associated with higher gold, silver, and molybdenum elements. . If it is inconvenient for open mining and does not have high-grade secondary enrichment zones, and the content of gold, silver, and molybdenum is low, it will become a dull mine due to its low grade, which is temporarily difficult for people to use because it takes up a lot of exploration funds. Can make mining companies into trouble.
6. Geochemical anomalies of copper element and its comprehensive anomalies with molybdenum, gold, silver, lead, zinc, iron, and manganese.
7. The geophysical prospecting is abnormal. Induced polarization (high polarization), resistivity (low resistance), and gravity (high gravity) can directly reflect the existence of copper ore bodies, and magnetic anomalies can circle volcanic structures, intermediate-to-intermediate acid rock contact zones, and ultra-basic rocks. Brought by sex rocks, low gravity can encircle hidden granitic rocks.
8. Pay attention to prospecting for mineralization series. As above, there are copper ore under the iron ore (such as iron cap can often indicate copper, and there is usually a copper deposit under the magnetite deposit).
9. Pay attention to comprehensive prospecting. The following elements are often symbiotic or associated in copper deposits: lead, zinc, tungsten, molybdenum, tin, gold, silver, iron, etc.
If you have any questions about the above content or copper ore processing and want to know more info, please contact the online service or submit your message.Whatsapp:+8613319277356 Email:[email protected]