The output of manganese ore has rules to follow. As long as we understand the information and signs of manganese oxide ore output, we can find manganese ore based on this information and signs.
1. Sedimentary manganese ore is often produced in layers, with a varying number of layers, controlled by a certain layer, and produced in manganese-bearing strata of different ages. The manganese-bearing stratum is generally marine siliceous-carbonate rock. The ore that composes the manganese ore layer is mainly manganese carbonate ore (rhodochrosite), followed by manganese oxide ore and manganese silicate ore.
2. Residual manganese ore is located in the sedimentary manganese ore layer or the oxidation zone of the manganese-bearing layer. The layer is exactly the same as the primary manganese ore zone, except for the type of ore.
3. The leached manganese ore is formed by leaching manganese after the weathering of the manganese-bearing rock series in various periods. After secondary enrichment, the layer of the leached manganese ore is not stable.
4. Accumulation type manganese ore is residual type manganese ore or leaching type manganese ore. Under the action of weathering, the ore body is destroyed, and the ore is piled up to form a new ore body in situ or in a different place. It generally occurs in the Quaternary red soil layer or cinnamon soil layer and is produced in a layered form. The distribution of the above-mentioned types of weathered manganese ore is controlled by certain manganese-bearing horizons.
Direct Prospecting Sign
1. The outcrop of the manganese ore layer is a sign of direct prospecting.
The layered secondary manganese oxide ore outcrops are usually found on the surface. The ore is mainly composed of pyrolusite, pyrolusite, and meta manganate, with obvious secondary tissue structure, often mixed with siliceous and argillaceous materials, and the texture is loose. The boundary between the roof and floor of the ore layer is relatively clear, the arrangement of the ore still maintains intermittent bedding, and the layer position is stable.
Based on these characteristics, it can be determined that this is an outcrop of residual manganese ore. This type of manganese ore can extend from several kilometers to tens of kilometers along the strike and can extend to the vicinity of the groundwater surface along with the inclination, reaching a depth of tens of meters. Residual manganese ore not only has good industrial value but also can be used as the main symbol for searching for sedimentary manganese ore.
When the grade of residual manganese ore reaches more than 30%, the primary deposit is mostly manganese ore; When the grade of residual manganese ore is less than 30%, the primary sediments are mostly manganese bearing rocks.
2. The manganese ore body is often covered by topsoil, and it is not easy to observe its natural outcrop directly, but the ore body is easy to be destroyed after weathering, forming manganese lumps of different sizes, and manganese particles are unevenly scattered on the ground or in streams. These manganese nuggets are commonly pyrolusite and pyrolusite, which are also direct signs of prospecting. In the sedimentary rock area, the discovery of manganese ore turning stone indicates the existence of manganese-bearing strata nearby.
The discovery of piles of manganese ore turning stones on the top of the hillside, or large lumps of manganese ore, indicates the existence of weathered manganese oxide ore deposits nearby. If manganese ore turning stone is found at the bottom of the slope or in the alluvial layer, attention should be paid to looking for manganese ore bodies on the nearby hillsides and cliffs.
Indirect prospecting sign
1. Soil signs The manganese-bearing rock series often form laterite, yellow umber, or black cinnamon after weathering. Not all red earth, yellow umber or black cinnamon are signs of manganese. Any red soil that generally contains round manganese particles the size of mung bean or soybean, or black cinnamon soil that contains manganese ore fragments can be used as an important indicator of looking for weathered manganese deposits, and also an indirect sign of finding sedimentary manganese ore.
2. Lithological markers The sedimentary manganese ore layer is easily weathered or covered by overlying rock layers, so it is difficult to find outcrops, but the obvious characteristics of the surrounding rocks of the ore layer can be used as ore prospecting indicators. The rock with relatively hard lithology and stable distribution is used as the sign of prospecting. Such as the black shale and moraine of manganese ore in the Sinian; the manganese-bearing lenticular limestone of the Devonian, the interbedded siliceous limestone and siliceous limestone of the Carboniferous, and the manganese in the Permian. Siliceous rocks and coal-bearing rock series can be used as marker layers.
3. Tectonic markers Sedimentary manganese ore is distributed in the two wings of the anticline and at the core of the syncline; the residual manganese ore is mostly distributed in the shallow part of the two wings of the syncline, that is, in the oxidation zone above the groundwater level; the leached manganese is mostly distributed in the structural fracture zone, the Accumulated manganese ore is produced in the Quaternary laterite layer.
4. Geomorphological landmarks Sedimentary manganese deposits are mostly distributed in the low mountain and hilly areas, a few are distributed in karst peak cluster depressions or karst hill depression areas, and weathered manganese deposits are distributed above the groundwater surface. Residual manganese ore is mostly exposed on higher hillsides or mountain tops; leaching manganese ore is distributed in low-mountain and hilly areas with complex structures and is closely related to groundwater activities; accumulation-type manganese ore is distributed in the low mountain and hilly areas with gentle slopes and gently inclined There are few ore bodies on hillsides and flat mountain tops, but hillsides with slopes greater than 20 degrees or low flat valleys and karst peak clusters.
If you have any questions about the above content or want to know more info, please contact the online service or submit your message.Whatsapp:+8613319277356 Email:[email protected]